What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will learn how to check materials before starting work
- As a Toolmaking engineering apprentice you will become competent using technical information
- You will learn how to assemble and build mould tools
- As a Toolmaking engineering apprentice you will follow processes including setting up chucks, fixtures and vices
- You will learn how to complete milling and turning operations
- As a Toolmaking engineering apprentice you will learn how to programme, set and operate CNC machinery
- You will gain experience manufacturing parts to a high degree of accuracy and finish
- As a Toolmaking engineering apprentice you will learn how to use a range of measuring equipment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
When your formal Toolmaking engineering apprenticeship starts you will be paid and day-released to PETA in Havant for the duration of your programme. This will start by learning how to work safely, efficiently and use technical information. You will also learn how to use manual lathes and Mills, CNC lathes and mills as well as use hand fitting and assembly skills. Additionally you will learn how to use Computer Aided Design systems and undertake improvement activities. You will go on to complete a Level 3 Btec Diploma and NVQ.
You will be completing the Engineering Technician Standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As a Toolmaking engineering apprentice, this programme will form part of our succession planning for the future. You will be trained, supported and monitored throughout the process. Once the apprenticeship has been completed there may be a permanent position available for the right candidate.
Reality CheckWe would encourage early submissions of applications, as these will be considered on receipt and suitable candidates invited for interview. We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early if the vacancy is filled before the closing date.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Willing to develop knowledge, Willing to develop your skills, Good level of manual dexterity, Interest in engineering, To learn through instruction, To learn through experience, Open minded, Motivated and focussed
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalent) Essential