What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Patternshop Assistant with PAM, your core responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance of existing core and casting patterns, including repairs and modifications.
- Liaising with Technical and external departments to ensure accuracy and viability of pattern design.
- Ensure best use of raw materials through planning efficient pattern layouts.
- Involvement in new product development projects by providing specialist knowledge regarding patterns and design.
- Adhere to all safety policies and regulations, while working within a safe system of work.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
At the end of this apprenticeship you will have achieved a Metal Casting, Foundry & Patternmaking qualification, Level 3
Whilst you will be based at Melton Mowbray, you will need to spend 1 week each month studying at Dudley College of Technology. This will include paid for, overnight, stays in a hotel.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Career progression can include process or technical engineering routes
Reality CheckFirst and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. The right candidates will also meet the following criteria • A keen interest in manufacturing and how things work • A practical interest in woodwork and/or metalworking • An inquisitive nature and desire to learn and develop
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Customer care skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 4) Desired