Toby Carvery - Bar/Restaurant Supervisor – Advanced Apprenticeship
The Toby Carvery
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
You already know Mitchells & Butlers, even if you don’t realise it! That’s because we run many of the UK’s most famous restaurant and pub brands, including: All Bar One, Sizzling Pubs, Vintage Inns, Harvester, Ember Inns, Toby Carvery, Crown Carveries, Castle, Nicholson's, Premium Country Dining Group, O'Neill's, Alex, Village Pub & Kitchen, Miller & Carter, Browns, Innkeeper's Lodge, Orchid Pubs and The Oak Tree.
Previous experience in hospitality is desirable however applicants with previous supervisory experience in different sectors will also be considered.
Excellent Benefits include 33% off in ALL our businesses for you and up to 5 friends!
Shift Supervisor role:
- In the absence of the General Manager or Assistant Manager, lead the business
- Training and development of the team
- Stock control and ordering
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness
- Adhere to safety and hygiene regulations at all times
- Staff scheduling
What we look for in a Shift Supervisor:
To train and develop the team
- Taking PRIDE in maintaining highest standards of cleanliness and safety
- Great team-player
- Enjoys and wants to be an active member of a team
- To work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Engage with the wider front of house team
- Great eye for detail
- Committed to completing your apprenticeship
- Ability to confidently lead the team
What we can offer you:
As part of this opportunity you will work towards your hospitality supervisor level 3 apprenticeship with a choice of pathway (Bar or food and beverage) OR your team leader level 2 apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered within the work place and you will receive ongoing support and training to maximise your development within our business.
We can offer you a personalised induction based on your current skills and knowledge, then set you some tailored goals within our S.T.A.R. development programme. This will help you progress to the next level, and beyond. Besides this you will have the opportunity to develop your career to some of our other excellent brands in Mitchells & Butlers.
33% off in ALL our businesses for you and up to 5 friends
- Tailored industry training
- Option to opt in for some of our share schemes (e.g. Free Shares Plan)
- Shopping discounts with many UK leading retailers
- Discounts on shoes for work
- Flexible shifts
- Up to 28 days holiday
- Chance to earn extra money with our Referral Scheme
- Oh, and you’ll have a whole heap of fun!
Progression onto a full-time position
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.90 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.15 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.21 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2019.
Great team-player, Great eye for detail, To work calmly and effectively under pressure, Ability to confidently lead the team
- Passion –An interest in food certainly helps
- Positive outlook – We want you to love every moment!
- Communication – Ability to work as part of a close team
- Motivated – We see our apprentices as our future!
No previous qualifications required
- Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship Level 3
- Functional skills in maths, English and ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.