What will the apprentice be doing?
Purpose of role
- To provide secretarial and administrative support to the school and to be responsible for the development and maintenance of the school's information and management systems within the school.
- Working as an Attendance / Data Officer
- Maintaining pupil attendance records and monitoring the attendance of pupils using Arbor software.
- Liaising with the Educational Welfare Service in following up pupil absences.
- Management of school's information management system
- Maintain and collate pupil reports as required e.g. class lists, pupil details, registers, daily reports.
- Provide routine general administration and organisational support to the school e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, completing standard forms, and responding to routine correspondences.
- To be an ambassador for the school when meeting parents and other visitors and to act as a first point of reference when people arrive
- Ensure that there is a high quality first point of contact service given to all parents, carers and visitors to the school.
- Be aware of and support differences and ensure equal opportunities for all
- Be diligent and consistently follow safeguarding procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business Administration (Level 3)
English and Maths Functional Skills (If Required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?Potential offer of permanent role for the right candidate.
Reality CheckDBS and reference checks are required Salary will be the National Living/Minimum Wage Depending on Age A majority of the day will be spent at a PC using photocopiers and answering the telephone.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Initiative, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4) Essential