What will the apprentice be doing?
· Loading and unloading vehicles
· Collecting wood from customers
· Sorting and processing collected items
· Keeping the warehouse clean and tidy and tidy and following strict Health and Safety procedures
· Serving customers
· Using tools to make items out of the wood
· Any other duties requested by the Line Manager
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be supported to achieve a level 2 qualification in Customer Service. This training will be delivered on a regular basis at the workplace by a Gordon Franks Training assessor with time given to complete the coursework during working hours.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
By the end of the apprenticeship, we will help you identify future career routes and with applications for jobs and/ or other training courses.
Reality CheckThe role will be a mix of working indoors and outdoors. The outdoor element will involve being out in all weathers and appropriate clothing will be provided. The role will also involve acting as a driver's mate and going on to construction sites. The role will involve lifting wood and wood products so an element of physical fitness is required
Skills RequiredYou will build work skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade 1-3) Desired