The Royal Navy - Royal Marines Commando - HM Forces Serviceperson (Public Services) Apprenticeship - Intermediate (Level 2)
Ministry of Defence
There’s no such thing as an average day in the Royal Marines, and there’s no such thing as an average Commando. You’ll need to be exceptional just like the rest of your team, with the same ethos – and the same state of mind.
- Play a key role in dealing with manmade, humanitarian and naturally occurring crises
- Your missions will be varied, ranging from amphibious assaults and humanitarian aid, to large scale combat operations
- Deploy to where you’re needed most, from the coldest climes and the hottest deserts, to the most hostile jungles and the highest mountains
- Whatever challenges you face, you’ll need to adapt to get the job done
- Develop your military skills, before selecting a specialisation to become anything from an Armourer to a Mountain Leader.
- Travel the world, protecting your nation’s interests as part of a team renowned for its unity and brotherhood
- You’ll form ties – special bonds with your comrades – that will never be broken
You’ll start your naval career as a Marine. With experience and further training, you could be promoted to Corporal and beyond. If you show the right commitment, skills and academic ability, you could become a Commissioned Officer. Members of the Royal Navy are promoted on merit. Work hard and you can rise through the ranks.
Training and development continues throughout your career with the Royal Navy. When you join, you’ll spend 32 weeks at Commando Training Centre Royal Marines (CTCRM) in Lympstone and learn the skills you need to become an elite amphibious soldier. At this stage you can choose an area of specialisation and train for roles such as armoured support, driver and medical assistant. And the higher up the ranks you climb, the more options you’ll have open to you.
There are many benefits of undertaking an Apprenticeship within the Royal Navy, such as:
Start on a salary of over £15,600, rising to £20,000 after receiving your green beret. As your career progresses you have the potential to earn in excess of £51,000
- Earn additional pay if you specialise in certain disciplines
- Six weeks of paid holiday every year
- Free medical and dental care
- Subsidised travel and accommodation
- Excellent pension scheme
- Adventurous training
The Royal Navy will give you skills. We’ll develop your abilities, train you to be the best, show you how to achieve your goals and give you recognised qualifications
- A true team player, self-discipline
- Physical fitness and mental robustness
- Positivity in the face of adversity
- The ability to cope well under pressure
No qualifications required – just that you pass a Recruit Test and are in a good state of health and fitness
At the end of your Apprenticeship training you will have achieved:
Level 2 Apprenticeship – HM Forces Serviceperson (Public Services)
You can also gain academic qualifications such as GCSEs, A-levels, even a degree. As well as helping you develop your Royal Navy career, everything you achieve will be recognised and valued by future civilian employers.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
About the employer
The Royal Navy is the United Kingdom's naval warfare force.
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.