What will the apprentice be doing?
· Greeting customers as they enter the shop
· Accepting new donations
· Assisting customers to find the products they are looking for
· Dealing with customer queries
· Loading and unloading customers’ vehicles
· Serving customers on the till
· Keeping the site clean and tidy
· Any other duties requested by the Line Manager
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be supported to achieve a level 2 qualification in Customer Service. This training will be delivered on a regular basis at the workplace by a Gordon Franks Training assessor with time given to complete the coursework during work time.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
By the end of the apprenticeship, we will help you identify future career routes and with applications for jobs and/or other training courses
Reality CheckThe role will involve a mix of working indoors and outdoors. The outdoor element will involve being out in all weathers and appropriate clothing will be providing There is some lifting of donations required and manual handling training will be given
Skills RequiredYou will build work skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade 1-3) Desired