We have an exciting opportunity to become an Engineering Apprentice with Holophane based in Milton Keynes. You will be working as a tester within a laboratory setting to make sure that products are fit for industry use. Holophane have produced lighting solutions for some of the most globally recognised landmarks and locations and have been around for 125 years. Their aim is to develop and maintain long term relationships with their customers.
Working with a dedicated team, the main roles and responsibilities of the apprentice will include;
• Thermal testing (testing indoor and outdoor lighting assemblies and component/s in different environmental conditions)
• Sphere testing (testing the lighting quality on the assemblies lighting component/s)
• Electrical Characteristic Testing (testing the quality of the wired assembled component/s)
• Gonio-photometric testing (measuring the efficiency of the output of the electrical lighting component/s)
• Flicker Testing (measuring the electrical current voltage flow to the assembles electrical component/s)
• Ingress protection (water, dust, and impact testing)
• Other Safety and Mechanical testing
The role may develop into
• EMC (Electromagnetic compatibility) Testing
• Electrical safety testing.
• Endurance and Humidity practices
Progress with the Laboratory/Technical Area and potentially within the expanding Product Development area.
This position will start college in January 2022
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Only candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
- Able to read, interpret engineering drawings
- Able to operate Microsoft packages: Word, Excel. Outlook and PowerPoint
- Health and Safety awareness
- Some experience of working with electrical equipment and ‘hands on’ understanding (DIY, IT, Workshop) would be desirable but not essential
- Good workshop practice – neat, tidy, organised.
- Ability to multitask with projects
- Competence in Independent work
- Able to follow work instructions
To be considered for this role you will need 4 GCSEs grade A*-C or 9-4 including maths, English and Science (Chemistry/Physics is advisable) or equivalent
Technical Support Technician - Level 3
EAL Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
EAL Level 3 AME - Technical Support Technician
Pearsons Level 3 Diploma & in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering