You’ll be joining CP Electronics (Legrand) and undertaking an apprenticeship in a rewarding and challenging role using the latest Technology and Equipment for electronic equipment. You will be:
- Dealing with a variety of enquiries via email, telephone, fax and delivering technical support to all our customers and business partners
- Setting up, testing equipment, and providing reports on issues
- Working with the product managers to test new software and products
- Working closely with the R&D department to raise any issues and resolve customer queries
- Working with the R&D and product manager to strict deadlines when providing customer resolutions
Plus, you will learn at college:
- produce technical documentation that contains all the relevant and necessary data and information required for the technical support activity being carried out
- present the technical documentation in the required format ensure that codes, symbols and other references used in the technical documentation follows agreed UK/international conventions
- save and store technical documentation in the correct format, location in accordance with organisational and/or customer requirements make any changes/amendments to the technical documentation using agreed quality assurance control procedures
- develop effective business and/or customer relationships provide technical advice and guidance to others
- understand the procedure to be used for making changes to issued documentation
- understand where and how to source other areas of technical expertise/information to help solve technical problems
- understand the requirements of the customer (internal/external) and support using the appropriate tools, equipment and processes
- contribute to the business by identifying possible opportunities for improving working practices, processes and/or procedures
This list is not exhaustive.
Skilled engineer / Team Leader / Manager
Can you commit to a 48-month apprenticeship?
£300 per week subject to confirmation at interview stage.
Customer and Company First attitude:
- The job holder must be able to put the customer first and foremost, and must understand the importance of being in direct customer contact
- They should however be able to appreciate and understand the importance of ensuring the Company’s financial well-being, without impacting its customers’ negatively
- You must work with the utmost honesty and integrity, and build positive and effective relationships within the Company, and externally with our Customers
- Fluent in English. You will write and speak in a clear and concise fashion and be able to communicate effectively within all areas of the Company and its Customers
- You must be self-motivated and conscientious, hardworking and with excellent attention to detail. They must also have excellent time management skills
- You must have the ability to identify and manage data from different sources in all electronic formats alongside use of phones, faxes, PC’s and Databases
- He/she must be entirely comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs, ACT!, Syspro and SalesForce
- Fully committed to learning the job
- Not afraid of hard work
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
Mandatory - GCSE (or equivalent) to Level C/4 or above in maths & English – if you do not have these please do not apply.
Apprentices will be required to attend college for 1 or 2 days per week for the first 18 months, at Uxbridge Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will last for 48 months in total.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate will support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
- QCF Framework
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT (if required)
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.