What will the apprentice be doing?
Technical Support Technicians. Work as part of a team to provide technical support and expertise for all areas of the Engineering and Manufacturing function including:
- Communications software, test, analysis tools.
Measurement, off line programming.
Process control, performance and continuous improvement solutions.
Capacity planning, production scheduling/planning.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
The apprentice will be required to:
- Work towards / gain a full Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard Qualification.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours.
- Standard and End Point Assessment.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required).
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?Skilled engineer, team leader
Reality CheckThe applicant should live in the Harrow area if at all possible.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Number skills, Analytical skills, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential