Provide technical support and expertise for all areas of the Engineering and Manufacturing function including communications software, test, analysis tools, measurement, off line programming, process control, performance and continuous improvement solutions, capacity planning, production scheduling/planning, product technical applications and capability, technical sales and marketing support, product development and innovation, engineering drawing, purchasing and/or supply of goods or services for engineering activities, quality control, inspection and e-commerce technologies as required.
The requirements are designed to offer stretch and progression. They will be able to work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality, accuracy and timely delivery of the work they undertake. They will be proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improving the business.
- Skilled engineer, team leader, manager
You must be able to complete a 45 month apprenticeship and consistently come to college for one day per week. You will be asked to complete a security check (DBS) at the company. Please understand that we cannot let anyone who has done a L3 full time course at college do an apprenticeship in 1) Engineering Fitter / 2) Mechatronics / 3) Tech Support due to them having had done a BTEC during their full time course.
- Being able to follow instructions
- Having good communication skills
- Being methodical and organised
- Having good concentration
- Being able to work to strict deadlines
The person we are looking for will be;
- Fully committed to learning the job
- Not afraid of hard work
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
- GCSE at Level C or new grades 4 minimum in maths and English or Functional Skills Level 2 this is mandatory – please do not apply if you do not have these qualifications
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week (2 x days for certain engineering apprenticeships) either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, tutors, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocates support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- QCF/NVQ Framework
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT (if required)
- Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role