Deta are looking to take on a Technical Support Engineer apprentice to support their growing customer base. This is a position that has come available due to company expansion! Within Deta, we are hopeful that the successful apprentice will progress into a full time member of staff and progress with their career.
The successful candidate will be required to support members of the Technical Department, including:
- Support the Technical Customer Services Engineer in resolving customer queries, preparing samples for customers
- Support the Quality Engineer in testing and analysing product returns
- Preparing samples for customers, and in testing and analysing product returns
- In time, logging customer queries and answering customers queries over the phone and email
- Be proactive and keep an updated record of the available stock
- Ordering of stock replenishment
- Help manage the accounts for returning customers
- Working alongside the manufacturing team to fulfill operations
- Follow the specific Health and safety procedure requirements within the role
- Prepare equipment, tools and equipment
- Carrying out quality checks during and after technical operations
Technical Support Engineer, or Product Engineer.
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage. Only candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
- Good telephone manner
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Methodical, organised
- Good verbal and written communication
- Work unsupervised using own initiative
3 GCSEs at grades 9-3 (A*-D) ideally including English and maths and science or equivalent.
- Engineering Operative Level 2
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
- EAL Level 2 in Engineering Operations