Technical Support Degree Apprentice
Atkins Bennett Limited
THE UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
During your apprenticeship, no two days will be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams whilst developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future within the business.
After your brief induction period within the office, the first 6 months of your apprenticeship will be spent at the AMRC training centre, studying for a technical support trail blazer qualification. Upon completion of this period, you will be based in the office, spending one day per week studying for your Degree qualification.
Apprentices will work within a variety of experienced teams - you can expect to be involved in numerous projects to:
- Support engineers creating ground breaking designs for all kinds of projects
- Solve problems by producing verification calculations, reports, drawings and supporting documentation
- Use a variety of engineering software packages as well as 2D and 3D CAE
- Carry out site surveys and inspections
- The ability to work in a team, assisting with the planning, design and smooth running of a variety of projects
- Creativity, dedication and strong communication skills
- A practical mind, self-motivated and reliable, as you’ll be expected to work across different locations on a variety of projects
- A Level at grade B, equivalent and above including a mathematical Based Subject and a Science, Technology, Engineering or additional mathematics related subject or 120 credits Engineering BTEC at Level 3
- Plus 5 GCSEs at Grade A* to C or Grades 4-9 or equivalent
Degree level Manufacturing engineer standard.
You’ll be joining a team operating in a variety of sectors, which helps to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas, and by solving the engineering challenges of the future. Our apprentice programme will provide you with the foundations to maximise your full potential.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.