- Diagnose laptop and desktop issues
- Prepare computers to be installed into client’s networks
- Setup routers
- Prepare test reports of products when needed, remove viruses, and troubleshoot malware, adware, spyware, etc.
- They also adjust computer hardware components to ensure better performance and diagnose network issues
- Installing and configuring software programs, and assembling desktop and laptop computers, and Macs
- Explaining to the client the issue and recommending the best course of action for the repair
- Potential to gain a full time job after completing the apprenticeship
• Salary reviews after 6 months
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- An ability to assess each customer/employee's IT knowledge levels
- Ability to deal with difficult callers
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Up-to-date technical knowledge
- Good accurate records keeping
- Logical thinker
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- English and maths (or equivalents) at grades D/3 or above
- 3x GCSEs grade A-C/8-4 in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.