Technical Support Apprentice
ELEMENT MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY SHEFFIELD LTD
THE UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Health and Safety of yourself and your colleagues
- Assuring the Quality Management System is adhered to at all times.
- You are responsible for the correct and timely manner in which samples are prepared and tested as required by the works orders, department supervisor or production controller, working under your own initiative and capabilities (as shown in your training records and testing matrix).
- Ensuring high standards of quality and productivity are met.
- Work with your peers to keep the working environment tidy and in accordance with 5S principles.
- Attend meetings as required by your supervisor or other senior management
- Contribute to continual improvement through Kaisen events, own initiative or other means
- Assist others once your tasks have been completed.
- Basic science knowledge
- Knowledge in the use of testing equipment and instruments
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages
- Must be able to work on his/her own initiative and work within a team.
- A self-motivated professional who can work well within a busy team as well as under their own initiative
- Strong communicator with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
The chosen candidate will study towards a Extended Diploma Level 3 in Technical Support
- Demonstrate good team working abilities
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be a highly motivated individual
- Have good organisation and time keeping skills
- Must have attention to detail
- Willing to learn new skills and adapt to change
- Have an interest in engineering
The chosen candidate must have 5 GCSE's or equivalent at Grade C 9/4 under the new education grade system effective from 2016/2017, Must include maths and English.
The Year one Level 3 Engineering Technician programme delivered at the AMRC Training Centre over a 26 week full time block programme will include the following compulsory units:
- Preparing and using industrial robots
- Producing components by rapid prototyping techniques
- Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Communications for engineering technicians
- Working efficiently and effectively in advanced manufacturing engineering.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.