Sign up to skill up!
Join our new Technical Services Apprenticeship scheme in collaboration with the Toyota Academy.
As the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services we manage and maintain some of the nation’s most recognised landmarks and work with a wide range of global brands.
Get your career off to a flying start and enrol on a four year, level 3 Mechatronics Apprenticeship. Qualify as a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer with Mitie Technical Services in collaboration with the Toyota Academy.
What will you do?
The training programme is in two stages:
- Stage 1: For the first 22 months, you will train mainly in the Toyota academy in Burnaston, learning and developing the technical skills and theory required to become a multi skilled Maintenance Engineer at Mitie
- Stage 2: For the final 22 months, you will be mainly based in one of our client companies, working on site for Mitie at one of our blue chip customer’s based in the Midlands. You will be based in a different location
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Using hand tools
- Using and learning about machining and electronics
- Using power systems
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, you would be deployed to one of our client companies to work on site.
- Willing to be patient and show outstanding attention to detail
- Passionate about working with your hands and solving problems
- Able to show us that you can work well as part of a team
- Willing to study hard and motivated to work within the technical services field
To be eligible to apply you must have or be expecting 4 GCSE at grade 4/C and above including maths, English and Science (or equivalent).
- VRQ Level 3 Diploma in Engineering and Technology
- Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance Level 3 NVQ
- Maintenance Way - Principles of Toyota Maintenance
- Personal Development - e.g. Teamwork, Practical Problem Solving, Presentation Skills.
- Team Building Activity
- Health and Safety/Risk Assessment
- Manufacturing Techniques
- Additional Technical Skills - motors, protection and safety systems, introduction to digital electronics, sensing devices, relay logic