PETA Ltd are looking to recruit a Technical Sales Administrator Apprentice to work at Star Universal’s packaging machine manufacturing business in Gosport. If you have an interest in customer service, quotes, orders and engineering, this could be the vacancy for you. Star Universal have been operational since 1979 and are a leading manufacturer of industrial bag sealing equipment supplying various markets including Medical, Pharmaceutical and Government departments as well as many small companies.
The Technical Sales Administrator Apprentice will be responsible for:
- Answering phone calls and email, preparing quotations for customers and dispatching goods
- Preparing and packing parts orders and internal kits for machine assembly
- Offering customer advice on machines and spare parts
- Preparing business posts for social media
- There is the intention for a full-time permanent position to be offered to the suitable and successful candidate upon completion of the apprenticeship.
The Apprentice will work in our main office alongside our Purchase Ledger Clerk and Sales Engineer; opportunity to learn from experienced staff members.
Star is a small friendly family run company with most staff involved in the production of our machines
- Auto-enrollment into the company pension scheme
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (3 days to be taken at Christmas)
- Free parking on site
- Onsite rest area with free hot drink and microwave facilities
- Career progression could be to Sales/Office Manager for the right candidate
It is essential that the Technical Sales Administrator Apprentice has:
- The ability to use business programs such as Word, Excel and Sage
- A good phone manner and an ability to offer advice to customers
- A good understanding of how to communicate with customers via email
- A friendly persona with a confident outgoing attitude
- It is desirable for applicants to have basic technical understanding of machinery and how equipment works. Full training will be given in house.
- GCSEs in maths and English with at least a grade C/4 or equivalent are required.
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard. You will complete a 15 month apprenticeship which includes 10 days at the PETA training centre in Cosham. You will be supported every 6 weeks with visits from your PETA Learning & Development Coach.