- Working within the support team by handling day to day customer requests and incidents logged to the service desk to resolve networking problems
- Actively troubleshooting network issues
- Diagnosing & fixing networking problems
- Installing and configuring network components in Cloud, Virtual Machines, Servers, Desktops, VoIP Telephone Systems
- Establishing and maintaining cloud-based systems with a focus on Office365 and Azure
- Monitor and test network performance and systems
- Upgrading network equipment, software and operating systems
- Product research and evaluation
- Other office supporting tasks
Both of the companies’ former Level 3 apprentices are still within the business, working within fulltime positions and regular salary reviews and increases as well as constant training and career development.
A progressive career path will also be offered to you if you are successful in your apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Enthusiasm for IT and developing technologies such as cloud services
- Familiarity with Microsoft solutions and technologies
- An awareness/understanding of other operating systems
- An excellent understanding of MS Office applications
- A good understanding of TCP/IP
- A good understanding of DNS
- An interest and awareness of Web Hosting
- Passion for technology
- A can-do attitude
- Able to interpret, record information and data accurately
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Methodical approach to tasks
- Ability to work alone without close supervision
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Grade A’s and B’s at GCSE or equivalent
- Technical subject A-levels or equivalent
- Ideally a Level 3 Apprenticeship in a technical standard
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
- Network engineer Apprenticeship Standard Level 4
- Functional Skills (if required)