Main responsibilities: [Day-to-day activities include:]
- Speaking to customers
- Taking 1st Line support calls and logging them
- Installing and repairing hardware from laptops – servers
- Assist in development of Westwood’s Sales offerings in the technical team
- Achieving given targets and to work with self-driven motivation and professionalism
- Working as part of the Westwood team – being a team player
Progression within the company.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- A keenness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and communication skills
- The ability to prioritise tasks and problem solve
- Able to work well under pressure and show a willingness to learn/develop
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely
- Confident on the telephone
- Shows good attention to detail
- A self-starter with the natural drive to succeed
- Able to work unsupervised (in due course)
- Confident in dealing with people at all levels
- The ideal candidates will be methodical and organised
- They must be a team player with a friendly disposition
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Someone who can think on the spot would be a real asset to the business
- Commitment to undertake and successfully complete the apprenticeship programme
- Can demonstrate the ability to be professional in matters of confidentiality, honesty, conduct, performance, and attendance
- Ability to treat colleagues and visitors with respect and dignity
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths)
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.