What will the apprentice be doing?
- Hand assembly & testing procedures of electrical parts. Regular use of manual, automated and pneumatic drills, cable stripping and crimping tools. Occasional use of glue & silicone-based adhesives.
- Must have attention to detail and assembly knowledge being able to work from technical drawings to assemble the finished product including various final test procedures to guarantee reliability.
- If required quarantine substandard products. If appropriate repair products that have not met the company’s high-quality standards.
- Have the ability and initiative to work without direct supervision.
- Confident working with manual or automatic tools/machinery.
- Occasional visits to customer vehicles to fault find and where necessary repair or replace Redtronic products.
- Photograph and report (using Word processing software) service visit findings.
- Professionally and articulately converse with customers with queries (e.g. faults, warranties, technical queries, installation queries etc.)
- Follow company procedure and work with multiple departments to ensure the customer receives an impeccable service.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Diploma in engineering operations (skills) Level 2
Certificate or Diploma in engineering operations (knowledge) Level 2
Functional skills if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression and growth opportunities available for the right candidate.
Skills RequiredAssembly & Technical interest
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Desired