What will the apprentice be doing?
In this role you will engage in formal training and education over a defined period and return to the workforce to shadow and learn from mentors and colleagues. To maintain and improve production processes and implement new technologies to improve working practices
- Be proactive in seeking out development opportunities both in personal time and during time in college and work
- improve knowledge and performance through additional work in personal time
Role and Responsibilities:
- Identify and resolve production bottlenecks
- Introduce new processes and products with supporting documentation
- Introduce new technology in order to improve productivity
- Develop/control/manage/monitor production processes
- Introduce material/labour saving initiatives (Value Engineering)
- Establish process standard times
- Support prototype and proof-build activities
- Creation and maintenance of build instructions, process control documentation and process control databases
- Create and maintain process aids using time study software
- General management of own workload planning
- Work on specific projects defined by the Operations Manager • Effective project participation
- Support continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with company Health & Safety and Environmental procedures and requirements
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Award for Foundation Phase Gateway Assessment
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?Dennis Eagle aims to support apprentices at the end of their training agreement wherever possible to develop within the company continuing their professional development.
Reality CheckPlease note that you may be asked to carry out tasks other than the above that are deemed by your manager to be appropriate, reasonable and within the remit of your role. You will be expected to carry out these ad hoc tasks as requested.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 6-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 6-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 6-9) Essential