This is an exciting opportunity to join our client’s Technical Operations Team within a dynamic technology business, as they move into the next phase of high growth.
As a Technical Apprentice, you will gain an excellent development opportunity to train in networking, applications and communications technology, in a team which is delivering an industry leading standard of customer service.
We are looking to recruit an IT Technical Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Working with customers to understand and log technical issues and then working alongside the team of technical specialists to resolve these issues and provide the company’s customers with the support they need to implement and support their technology
- Developing networking, applications and communications technology skills with the long term goal of becoming a junior support specialist
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will achieve Microsoft accredited qualifications.
Please note that your commute may be taken into consideration when we review your application, in line with our safeguarding practices.
- You’ll be a team player, be career minded and have great interpersonal skills
- Any previous IT or networking skills will be an advantage, as would previous experience in a customer service position
- You’ll have a passion for technology and great customer service
- You’ll be passionate and driven, with a sense of humour
- You’ll be analytical and interested in technology, and keen to learn and develop skills
- You are proactive and hardworking in your approach to tasks
- You’ll be able to communicate well across all levels
- You must have good organisational skills, multi-tasking ability and will be able to work under pressure
- You’ll have brilliant customer service skills
- Own transport is essential due to the rural location of our premises.
The company require a pragmatic, bright and enthusiastic individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
To be considered for this role, you ideally will hold a C/4 grade in both GCSE maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Infrastructure technician level 3.
You will be enrolled onto the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, and these are globally recognised certifications. You will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding & Logic and Mobile & Operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.