Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as a Tech Ops Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to start your career in IT.
About the Company.
Our client are an award-winning business, developing sales performance software that is utilised by some of the biggest manufacturing and wholesaling brands out there. With offices across the globe, they pride themselves on their vibrant and relaxed atmosphere, that is driven by their employees.
We are looking to recruit a Tech Ops Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As an Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (printers, scanners etc.)
- Check computer hardware (mouses, keyboards, headsets, screens etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Maintain the security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages to facilitate equipment purchasing
- Maintain accurate asset register to ensure availability and tracking of company property
- Commitment to continual self-improvement through regular professional development opportunities
- Respond to Web Help Desk service requests and maintain accurate task log
- Maintain, support and repair technical equipment
- Install and deploy new equipment and perform hardware/software upgrades and installations
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
A full time permanent position is available on completion of the apprenticeship. Excellent career and personal development opportunities.
- A passion and aptitude for IT and technology
- Basic understanding / knowledge of laptop provisioning
- Windows 10 / Mac OSX knowledge
- Understands and applies the basic elements and architecture of computer systems
- Understands the relevant networking skills necessary to maintain a secure network
- Understands how to operate remotely and how to deploy and securely integrate mobile devices
- Understanding and working knowledge of Cloud and Cloud Services
- Logical and creative thinking skills, with a natural analytical thought process
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology
- The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who is not afraid to ask questions
- To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths and English and in a Science or Technology subject, and in two or three other subjects at least
- You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least practical experience with the workings of computers and IT
- You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme
- You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals
- These are globally recognised certifications
- You will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems
- This will also extend to business processes and project management