Greene King boast some of the most breath-taking, fun-filled and relaxing pubs in the country. Found in towns and cities across England and Wales, from a scenic Dorset pub to a city centre spot to meet friends.
If you have a desire to gain experience with an industry respected pub brand and you have the hunger to develop yourself and further your career, this apprenticeship position may be just what you’re looking for.
Greene King are offering an award-winning apprenticeship programme.
Greene King’s career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their apprenticeship programme, you’ll gain professional qualifications. Plus, you’ll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you’ll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you’re qualified.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to kick start a career in hospitality.
Your daily duties will include:
- Customer and team to be at the forefront of their mind
- Cashing up
- Running shifts as a duty manager
- Guiding the team
- Stock Control - line checks and analysis
- Dealing and actioning emails
- Reporting any issues
- Opening and closing the pub
- Trained to work in the kitchen by us
Ongoing training and development within Greene King as well as through the apprenticeship training programme.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
Successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
- Previous FOH experience
- Hospitality experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
- A willingness and desire to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance
- Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
- Organised multitasker
- Good team work ethic
- Creativity and imagination for food presentation
No previous qualifications required but must have previous experience within Hospitality.
- Hospitality Supervisor L3 Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English and maths