Please note Interviews will be held on 15th December.
West lea school are looking to recruit enthusiastic, proactive and committed teaching assistant apprentices to come on board from July 2020. West Lea is a successful and innovative school.
Duties will involve but will not be limited to:
- Successful candidates will work under the direction and supervision of qualified teachers, to complement teachers’ delivery of the national curriculum
- Teaching Assistants at West Lea provide care, support and assistance to students all of whom have complex needs
- Support staff of the whole school to work to raise the attainment of pupils whilst also promoting their independence
Training will be delivered by teachers and specialists to support the development of the knowledge and skills required to successfully undertake the teaching assistant role.
West Lea is a popular and successful school. It is very proud of the school community and the way that it works together with the local area and in partnership with both mainstream schools and colleges. The positive climate ensures every student has every opportunity to thrive and succeed in acquiring a set of skills that enable them to experience ‘learning for life’.
Teaching assistants at West Lea provide care, support and assistance to the students all of whom have complex needs. These may include medical needs, physical disability, speech and language and communication, emotional and learning difficulties.
Training will be delivered using a blended learning model and will include:
- Training led by qualified teachers and school specialists
- Online learning
- Shadowing and reciprocal learning tasks
- Research projects
- Case studies
- Observations and discussions
Potential to progress to:
- Teaching Assistant
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- Primary School Teacher
Availability of interview on Week commencing 7th December 2020.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Apprentice will be based at the Meridian Campus.
- Well organised
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working with young people
- The ability to learn and adapt from past experiences
- An enthusiasm to support and inspire young people
- Commitment to the role
- Ability to use initiative
- Willingness to work as part of a team
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard with additional courses and training in:
- Safeguarding Level 1
- Emergency First Aid at work
- Prevent duty/channel awareness
Many additional bespoke training opportunities that will equip and develop skills, knowledge and behaviours for the teaching assistant role.