What will the apprentice be doing?
- Prepare support materials (under supervision), contribute to the preparation of classrooms & assessments
- Exercise general care & supervision of students
Supporting students in lessons
- Key worker for specified students
- Promote development & learning, physical, emotional, educational & social
- Provide a secure, caring & enriching environment
- Support those on the SEN continuum
- Have familiarity with all relevant EHC plans
- Promote students’ self esteem
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice standard consists of core knowledge, skills and behaviours relevant to the job role.
Functional Skills, maths and English, are an integral to completion of the apprenticeship. The apprentice will achieve these qualifications as part of the apprenticeships, if not previously gained
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, the candidate will obtain a Teaching Assistant Level 3 Standard Qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permanent position on completion within the school or the wider trust.
Reality CheckAn enhanced DBS is required
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness, Supportive of the School Ethos
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4 or Equivalent) Desired