What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide support to students within the school environment.
- To contribute to raising standards by ensuring high expectations are promoted for students.
- Provide structured support in accordance with specific work programmes designed and supervised by individual teachers.
- Involvement in the implementation of Individual student passports.
- Provide general support to students, ensuring their safety, by complying with good H&S practice.
- Accompany teaching staff and students on visits and out of school activities as required.
- Encourage students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship.
You will attend college on a 6-weekly basis and have workplace visits from your college assessor mentor. You will be fully supported in the workplace by your supervisor/mentor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful course completion, there will be an opportunity to progress on to the Level 5 Learning and Skills Teacher qualification.
Reality CheckPlease consider how you will get to work each day. The school is located a mile outside of Branston village. The successful candidates will need to complete a DBS, you will be supported to do this.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Open to new ideas, A passion for education
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science or Scientific discipline (Grade 4/C or above) Desired