What will the apprentice be doing?
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain invaluable insight and experience of working within a school setting. Developing the Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours to support the teacher and inspire young people to learn.
- Be a role model for Healthy Active Lifestyles and support the delivery of Physical Education, Physical Activity, Health and Well-being and School Sport.
- Extend opportunities for all pupils to participate in extra – curricular activities. Deliver active lunchtimes and support after school and community sport.
- Support with administrative tasks associated with sports teams, events and competitions.
- Assist the Teacher in the classroom to support pupil progress and enhance the learning experience of children.
- Support the efficient organisation of storage areas, teaching aids and equipment.
- Working as part of the school team be a role model for learning, PE and School Sport.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training is provided through a blended programme of practical activity, group training and virtual learning. The programme provides opportunities to share experiences with other apprentices and learn from experienced professionals.
Training Topics include:
- Understanding how children learn and develop.
- Using Technology to support learning.
- Working with teachers to understand and support assessment.
- Keeping Children safe in education.
- Planning and leading high quality Physical Activity.
Upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship and End Point Assessment a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Qualification will be achieved
Additional qualifications include:
Safeguarding Level 1.
Working towards Level 2 Functional Skills (where appropriate).
Opportunities to gain additional coaching qualifications.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Level 4 Sports Coach in a school setting.
Higher Education pathway.
Teaching Assistant within a school setting.
Pathway into Teaching.
Working in a sector that involves, initiative, leadership, communication, developing positive relationships.
Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Reality CheckYou would be working with an Ofsted - OUTSTANDING (Sept 2021) and National Award -Winning Training Provider.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English, Maths (Grade 4) Desired