What will the apprentice be doing?
- Relate to pupils in a sensitive and understanding manner
- Work with pupils on individual education programmes as directed by the class teacher using their own initiative
- Assist in pupil healthcare, feeding, toileting and physical activities, swimming, pool therapy, outdoor pursuits
- As part of a team provide a consistent approach to working with pupils who display challenging behaviour, implementing and contributing to, behaviour strategies.
- To comply with health and safety procedures.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship is a job with training which enables you to earn while you learn.
The apprentice standard consists of core knowledge, skills and behaviours relevant to the job role.
Functional Skills, maths and English, are an integral to completion of the apprenticeship. The apprentice will achieve these qualifications as part of the apprenticeships, if not previously gained.
At the end of the apprenticeship the learner will have gained a Level 3 Teaching assistant qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permanent position on completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate
Reality CheckApplicant must be able to successfully obtain a valid DBS and be able to travel between various venues within the organisation if needed (LE8/LE9 postcode)
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4-9 or Equivalent) Desired