Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship (31385)
Staffordshire University Academy
The Growth Company
A normal day would include:
- Provide support to teachers in preparing for lessons and helping create a safe and enjoyable learning environment for all students
- Work together with the class teacher to support students with classroom activities and help to manage behaviour
- Support all areas of the curriculum including literacy, numeracy and ICT within the classroom
- Accompany teaching staff and students on trips and other out-of-school activities
- Excellent communication and enthusiasm will be key in supporting all students to progress, achieve and overcome any problems
- Act as a role model for students and be a positive influence on their behaviour and performance at school. Hence, the importance that you demonstrate maturity and excellence in all you do
Potential to progress into a full-time position upon completion.
At the end of your apprenticeship you will achieve the nationally recognised Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification, as well as valuable work experience, that will provide you with the best chance possible of being offered a full-time teaching assistant position. A newly qualified teaching assistant can earn between £14,000 and £21,000 per annum
How you will be supported?
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next?
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupil’s parents and outside agencies
- Team player
- Good time management
Hold GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in English and maths.
- Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.