- To support within and outside the classroom the learning and emotional/social/behavioural needs of students receiving additional support in accordance with Trust policies
- To assist the class teacher in preparation and adaptation of learning materials/resources
- To deliver interventions in accordance with training given
- To assist in the assessment of student needs to benchmark against targets set by the teachers
- Use specific feedback to help students make progress
- To continually review the students’ support needs
- To communicate regularly with teachers to provide clarity and consistency of role within lessons
- To supervise student learning where necessary
- To ensure students use technology safely
- To provide support for personal care where necessary
- To take part in and ensure the smooth and effective administration of the provision
- To produce accurate records
- To use computer systems, including specialist software e.g. online registration, intervention programmes, and management information systems
- To attend team and all other meetings regarding both student and curriculum development
- To share information, in a timely manner as required with the Safeguarding Lead
A permanent position may be offered upon successful completion of the apprenticeship. Opportunity to learn and develop within the company. Progression on to higher apprenticeship / training.
Evening and weekend work may be required.
You may be required to undertake such duties as may be reasonably required of you commensurate with this grade.
Satisfactorily meeting the Trust’s employment checks – a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (including any relevant overseas checks), health assessment, references, qualifications and legal entitlement to work in the UK.
This is a term time role and the salary will be confirmed on appointment.
- Competent in form filling
- Ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing
- Time management skills, organisational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proven IT and keyboard skills
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team with interpersonal skills
Desirable but not essential
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour
- Working with people with learning difficulties and/or disabilities, emotional, social and behaviour needs
- Application/ Interview
- Supporting the learning needs of pupils
- Undertaking personal care
- Administering life-saving medication
- Working in an Educational environment
- Ability to work in a confidential manner
- Flexible and proactive in approach
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers
Education to GCSE standard grade C/4 in English and maths or Level 2 Functional Skills (or willingness to undertake) or equivalent qualifications.
Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard, which you will receive training to develop and demonstrate the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour also included:
Level 3 Diploma – Supporting Teaching and Learning
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- NCFE combined knowledge and competency-based qualification
- Work-based learning
- 20% off the job training
- Training is delivered on-line and face to face
- A nominated tutor
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required