What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide care and supervision for pupils.
- Help plan, lead and supervise a variety of planned learning experiences for pupils.
- Support the class teacher in meeting the needs of pupils with special educational needs.
- Monitor pupils’s progress and achievements, reporting them to the class teacher as appropriate.
- Prepare and/or adapt resources for pupils
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Standard in Teaching Assistant
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths, if required.
- Support throughout from a dedicated tutor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After the completion of the apprenticeship, a permanent position or another opportunity of employment may be offered, but this is not guaranteed.
Teaching Assistant apprenticeship could lead to further progression opportunities, including HLTA and teacher training.
Reality CheckThis post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Skills RequiredApproachable, Committed, Enthusiastic, Display good initiative, Calm under pressure, Well-organised, Flexible, Sense of humour, Punctual, Recognise when to ask for help, Importance of confidentiality, Team player, Be able to follow instructions, Supportive of Christian values
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Health & Social Care (Grade 4/C) Desired