What will the apprentice be doing?
The post holder will gain valuable experience working with children under the direction of the teacher as part of a year group team supporting the teachers in a variety of activities throughout the school.
As a Teaching Assistant in our school, your duties will include:
- Following agreed lesson plans to support the teaching and learning of individual or groups of pupils, using support strategies appropriate to the needs of the pupils. Following IEPs, EHCPs, care plans.
- Contributing to the development of pupils.
- Contributing to the planning and assessment of teaching and learning for individual pupils.
- Working closely with Class Teachers. Under the direction of the Line Manager/SENCO/Headteacher develop and maintain supportive relationships with parents, carers and others of the pupil’s community.
- Follow and implement the school’s behaviour and any related policies and procedures. Invigilate tests as directed.
- Be a good role model, act with honesty and integrity, take part in team meetings; contribute to planning and class activities.
- Undertaking the lunch duty in the class and Year Group you are working in.
- Promote Fundamental British Values through spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and positive behaviours are crucial in contributing to improved pupil progress and development.
- Contribute to the Health and Safety of all pupils, which will include first aid and intimate care.
- Assist in the supervision of pupils during the working day, on/off site including for example school visits, swimming.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Teaching Assistant Level 3 Standard Preparation for End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completing your apprenticeship successfully, you will have some great experience and a qualification to support your next career step.
Reality CheckAs this is a term-time only role, it is expected that the post holder will take annual leave during the school holidays. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Because of the nature of this post, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. The role may involve lifting of children and equipment. There may also be the requirement to clear up after a pupil has been ill or had a spillage/toileting accident.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C (4-9)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C (4-9)) Essential
Other Functional Skills English (Grade L2) Essential
Other Functional Skills maths (Grade L2) Essential