What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist the teacher in setting appropriate learning and behaviour expectations of pupils
- Support a range of pupils with varying needs; and the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life
- Work under the direction of the line manager, class teachers and other staff to support the learning of whole classes, selected groups or individuals as instructed
- Promoting and reinforcing pupils’ self-esteem, encouraging inclusion of pupils with special educational needs
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible permanent full time position for the right candidate
Reality CheckSuccessful candidates will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service in accordance with safeguarding children and safer recruitment in education
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Customer care skills, Team working, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired