- Support the Class Teacher in the observation, recording and reporting of children’s learning and development within the relevant curriculum areas
- Prepare resources and supervise learning activities with individual and groups of children to enhance their development
- Embed effective behaviour management in line with the schools policies and procedures
- Support children who have additional needs including those with special education needs and emotional vulnerabilities
- Share information with relevant people to ensure children are kept safe and well
- Work closely with the school team, outside agencies, parents and carers to ensure consistency and build meaningful relationships
- Use technology to support children’s learning
- Take an active part in the completion of their apprenticeship, meeting deadlines set by their Trainer Assessor and working with the dedicated mentor to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviour
- Model good behaviour for learning
The weekly wage for this apprenticeship is £129.
At the end of the apprenticeship you will be a highly trained Teaching Assistant. Depending on the setting in which you work you could progress onto becoming a Higher Level Teaching Assistant or taking on additional specialisms such as Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator or the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Reality CheckYou will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check as part of the employers safer recruitment process.
meet strict deadlines
Qualifications RequiredMust have a previous level 2 qualification or 12 months experience.
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Souad Nur Elmi will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day. If successful,you will complete a Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship programme, delivered through Souad Nur Elmi's dedicated training provider, Realise.