We recognise everyone as an individual and we nurture, value and develop them. Join us and continue your career growth!
Apprentice Teaching Assistant -
TIMU Academy Trust (Iwade School and Bobbing School) has an opportunity for an Apprentice Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated team.
We aim for all TIMU children to become successful lifelong learners and are looking for someone that shares our ethos, someone who is passionate, motivated and enthusiastic about helping children to realise their potential by supporting and encouraging them to reach their full potential through one-to-one work, group work and whole class support.
- Provide teaching support in small groups and where necessary be assigned to individual pupils in order to aid the teacher
- Liaise with the teacher to understand the objectives of each session
- Assist the teacher with observations and monitoring of the progress of children, both educationally and socially
- Keep up to date written records for supported pupils
- Promote positive behaviour patterns, raise self-esteem, and improve independent working in children to assist their education and growth
- Supervise in PE lessons and at playtime to ensure the safety of the children and administer first aid as required
- Participate and supervise pupils during off site activities
- Make materials and resources for teachers or pupils as directed by the class teacher, and assist where necessary with mounting of work and displays
- Assist where necessary with preparation and clearing away of the classroom and materials to ensure effective teaching
- To undertake playground duties
- To attend meetings with members of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- To attend training sessions as requested by SLT
- To undertake any other duties as directed by SLT
TIMU Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to references and an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Potential for full-time employment for the right candidate
- Many employers retain Apprentices in full/part time positions
- The qualifications you gain can also help you to get into higher education or other employment
- Being an Apprentice gives you the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification and develop professional skills whilst earning a salary, inside some of Kent’s best companies
- Once the Apprenticeship has been achieved, you will have the skills, abilities and experience to update and enhance your CV, to make it attractive to potential employers
We will be interviewing candidates who meet the criteria as they apply and will recruit after a successful interview, which may be before the closing date.
You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst awaiting your first wage to be paid.
- 24-minute walk from Swale train station
- 1-minute walk from Evergreen Close bus stop (routes 321, 351 and 371G)
- Good standard of education together with good numeracy and literacy skills
- Some classroom experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a be good team player
- Good communication skills
- Good time keeping
- Smart appearance
- English and maths GCSE grade 4/C or above (or equivalent) for both
Level 3 Teaching Assistant
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship standard.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.