As an apprentice here at Lowmoor your duties will include:
- Deliver learning activities for individuals and groups of pupils under the professional direction and supervision of a qualified teacher
- Assess, record and report to the teacher on pupil development and progress and attainment against pre-determined learning objectives
- Share information about pupils with other staff as appropriate
- Support pupils’ social emotional and physical wellbeing, reporting concerns to the appropriate person
- Provide support to pupils with learning, behavioural, communication, social sensory or physical difficulties
- Have knowledge of and comply with all school policies and procedures
- Escort and supervise pupils on out of school activities under the supervision of the class teacher
- Within the context of school behaviour policies, use discretion and initiative to deal with unanticipated issues and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- To supervise pupils at break and lunchtime, promoting active engagement with play and ensuring their safety and wellbeing
- Successful completion of this apprenticeship at level 3 will provide you with the relevant qualification to progress to a permanent role as a teaching assistant and would be an ideal first step in your career working in school, leading to future career progression into roles such as Learning Mentor, SEND Liaison Officer or teaching
The school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required and candidates must be suitable to work with children.
- Able to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Able to relate well to children and adults
- Able to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Able to prioritise tasks and act on your own initiative
- Able to motivate and encourage children to develop to their full potential
- Able to use ICT effectively to support learning
- Able to effectively promote literacy and numeracy across the curriculum
- Good personal literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- Able to motivate yourself and others
- Calm under pressure
- Open to new ideas and changing circumstances
- Must have GCSE English and Mathematics at A*-C or equivalent
- Previous experience in a childcare/education setting
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Lowmoor C of E Primary School will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete a Level 3 Supported Teaching and Learning apprenticeship programme, delivered through Lowmoor C of E Primary School's dedicated training provider, Inspire Learning and Employment.
Functional skills in English and Maths if required.