Main duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the class teacher to support pupils with classroom activities
- Help to manage behaviour
- Excellent communication and enthusiasm will be key in supporting all pupils to progress, achieve and overcome any problems
- Support all areas of the curriculum including literacy, numeracy and ICT within the classroom
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on trips and other out-of-school activities
- You’ll also act as a role model for pupils and be a positive influence on their behaviour and performance at school. So it’s important that you demonstrate maturity and excellence in all you do
At the end of your apprenticeship you’ll of achieve the nationally recognised Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification, as well as valuable work experience, that will provide you with the best chance possible of being offered a full-time Teaching Assistant position. A newly qualified Teaching Assistant can earn between £14,000 and £21,000 per annum.
- Possible future employed role, further training
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant Standard
Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupil’s parents and outside agencies
- Team player
- Good time management
• GCSE Grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent
Teaching Assistant level 3.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by NST part of The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to NST part of The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be