Teaching Assistant - Apprentice - Intermediate (Level 2)
Perseid Lower School
Our school is located over two campuses, each with specialist support and facilities, appropriate to the age of the pupils. To meet the individual needs of our pupils, classes are small and teaching staff work closely alongside support staff.
You will provide general support to the teacher as part of a team of teaching assistants, including supporting pupils in lessons, at swimming, playtime leisure and lunchtimes and preparing teaching resources and displays.
The hours of work are 8.30am – 3.45pm daily plus 5 hours per week paid study time (including 3.45pm – 6.45pm on Wednesday evenings at the school) for 39 weeks per year plus holiday allocation.
Candidates will be expected to:
- Supervise students in the classroom
- Complete tasks given to you by teachers and your line manager
- Be open to working with students with special educational needs
- Be flexible to take on tasks that are necessarily attributed to being a teaching assistant
- Support the SEN provision in administering safe and stimulating learning environments
- Contribute to the management of pupil behaviour alongside the teacher
- Review pupil’s development and undergo relevant in-house training
- Ensure the well-being of the children is always protected and a safe environment is upheld
- Promote pupils’ social and emotional development
Possibility of full-time employment after successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Progression to full-time contract for the right candidates.
Please ensure to attach an updated version of your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this apprenticeship role.
- Good communication skills
- Well organised
- Good time management
- Work well within a team
- Good empathy
- Friendly and attentive
- GCSE A*-C (9-4) in English and maths or equivalent
This qualification is made up of:
- Level 2 Certificate in Support Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Functional Skills in English at Level 1
- Functional Skills in mathematics at Level 1
- Functional Skills in ICT at Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.