Teaching Assistant Apprentice
Rainham School for Girls
KENT COUNTY COUNCIL
Main Duties will include:
- Supervise and support pupils in a variety of learning and social contexts.
- Work with pupils both in and out of the classroom, individually or in small groups.
- Develop appropriate resources to support the pupils
- Develop knowledge of the national curriculum subjects relevant
- Develop a broad knowledge of additional educational needs and how teaching methods can be adapted to meet these needs.
- Develop and adapt resources to support the curriculum
- Assist the class teacher and other professionals in the delivery of the curriculum
- Undertake the additional tasks e.g. displays, photocopying etc. that have been removed from the teachers under the Work Force reform.
- Provide relevant feedback about pupils to the teacher
- Take part in class and pupil planning meetings, as required
- Prepare classroom equipment, work and resources and tidy, as appropriate
- Actively support the behaviour strategies put in place by the teacher
- Attend relevant in-service training
- Liaise and consult with other members of the team
- Be aware of school procedures, especially those relation to Health & Safety and Child Protection
- Maintain confidentiality
- Actively support the school’s behaviour policy
- Undertake duties falling in the remit of the post at the discretion of the Head Teacher
- Potential for full-time employment for the right candidate
- There are opportunities to progress from a Level 2 to a Level 3 qualification
- Many employers retain apprentices in full/part time positions
- The Qualifications you gain can also help you to get into higher education or other employment
- Being an apprentice gives you the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification and developing professional skills whilst earning a salary, inside some of Kent’s best companies
- Once the Apprenticeship has been achieved you will have the skills, abilities and experience to update and enhance your CV, to make it attractive to potential employers
- The employer has asked that you do not contact them directly. Doing so could jeopardise your application
- If you do not meet the criteria for this position, your application will not be considered
- Vacancy for an enthusiastic apprentice to join a high-aspiring school with a role to assist the class teacher, plan and deliver sessions
- We will be interviewing candidates who meet the criteria as they apply and will recruit after a successful interview which may be before the closing date
- The nearest station is Rainham. From here, walk about 10 mins adjacent to Manor Farm (on Maidstone Road) Take Arriva Kent & Surrey Bus 116. (2-minute journey) Get off opposite Highfield Road. Walk about 9 mins to destination
- Good Organisational Skills
- High Degree of confidentiality and sensitivity when dealing with students and their parents
- Ability to work well as part of a team or as an individual
- Professional and Polite
- Keen to learn new skills
- GCSE grades 9-4 (A* to C) in maths and English or equivalent qualifications in these subjects
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of:
- Intermediate NVQ Level
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) Workbook
- It may be necessary for you to complete Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT – subject to previous achieved grades
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.