Reporting to the partner and client manager assisting with all aspects of trust and estate administration and tax compliance to include:
- Drafting trust and estate accounts to include cash analysis and investment schedules
- Assisting the client manager with everyday trust and estate administration including responsibility for maintaining trust and estate clients’ reporting via the Trust Registration Service
- Drafting trust and estate tax returns
- Preparing inheritance tax computations for trust 10 year and exit charges
- Drafting personal tax returns
- Liaising with clients and HM Revenue & Customs
We will provide training for ATT and STEP Certificate. Following successful completion of these, you will have the opportunity to develop your legal, accounting and tax knowledge further by studying for the STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates and become a full STEP member and Trust & Estate Practitioner (TEP), a worldwide professional qualification within the private client arena.
We have regular social events (when rules allow) and a great team ethos.
There is four weeks holiday and death in service and company pension to join, after a qualifying period.
The wages will depend upon experience and previous qualifications, so please note the wage range.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work using own initiative and keep to deadlines
- Current working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel
- A willingness to develop technical knowledge by way of in-house training, external courses and studying for professional qualifications
You must already hold AAT Level 3 to apply for this apprenticeship.
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Level 4 AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grade A-C or level 9-4) unless exempt
You will be required to attend college, at the Eastbourne Campus, one day per week, term time only.