T-TECH Tooling is a manufacturer of special thread cutting tools: taps, dies, thread milling cutters in both HSS and carbide. We are the only UK manufacturer of taps and dies. T-TECH will be launching a new product in the next six months: manufacturing screw thread gauges. T-TECH specialise in product design offering short manufacture times; we are European and probably world leaders. We supply and brand for large European competitors, UK and European distributors, and UK end users. Investment in new equipment is ongoing. In the last 12 months we have purchased a new CNC thread grinder, retrofit CNC diamond dressing to existing equipment, and new metrology laboratory with latest thread measuring equipment and associated software.
We are seeking to employ and train a manufacturing apprentices. You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing, the initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as a Setter/programmer and machinist. Principally all aspects of setting and operating CNC and manual lathes; secondary setting and operating CNC Machining Centres. You would be workshop based, machining product blanks to drawing for subsequent finish grinding operations. You will learn about:
- Our products
- How they are manufactured
- How and where they are used
- You will be trained to ensure safe working practice
- Read and understand drawings
- Program and set the machines
- Produce and inspect the workpiece
We would encourage you to question where there is uncertainty, make suggestions to alter or improve the process, and generally become involved in a friendly company atmosphere. Versatility in a small company is essential, where at times you may be asked to carry out other reasonable tasks.
Potential development to thread grinding programming, setting, operation; involving detailed inspection. Potential but not definite role to involve production engineering, specifically development of processes and tooling.
Relaxed and supportive atmosphere. Flexible working hours and holiday at company. Annual leave 33 days. Quality of work is crucial. Environment involves use of cutting oils.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to demonstrate a clear interest to work in the manufacturing sector
- A personable individual
- Able to work and communicate clearly with others
- To have a conscientious attitude
- Prepared to be flexible to suit work demands
- Potential to develop confidence in their work
- Requesting assistance and/or making suggestions wherever required
Minimum qualifications for applying are 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) of grade C (4) or above which must include Mathematics and English.
This 4 year programme will include:
- Engineering Basic Skills training and off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
- In house training in line with your requirements