Systems Engineering Degree Apprentice
LEONARDO MW LTD
As part of this programme, you will join the Luton Systems Engineering community to work alongside some of the most talented engineers in the UK. You will support the development of world-leading technologies and capabilities across multiple domains including Avionics, Electronic Warfare (EW), and Unmanned and Autonomous Systems (UAS).
You will have the opportunity to be involved in all phases of the systems engineering lifecycle to create and deliver new and emerging capabilities required by our customers; from the development of system architectures and concept designs for the next generation of EW or UAS capability, through to live trials of developed equipment and systems in the UK and abroad and working alongside our customers and end-users.
Alongside this, you will also study with one of our partner Universities towards achievement of BSc (Hons) or BEng (Hons) degree in an appropriate engineering discipline through a mixture of work based learning, distance learning and day release at University. On completion you should have met the requirements for Incorporated Engineer as part of the way to gaining Chartered Engineer status.
During your employment, you will be required to share your time between the workplace and university. You will:
- Develop practical skills in engineering design and development for complex systems, understanding key processes and technologies.
- Work closely with engineers across multiple disciplines to solve problems.
- Apply your developing academic skills to solve problems, generate ideas and be a part of the development of the next generation.
- Commit to the successful completion of all your academic modules and assignments.
Leonardo values people with a passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving. We reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Cycle to Work initiative
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. The deadline for applications is 28th February 2020. Assessment Centres will take place between January and May 2020.
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Want continuous improvement
- Develop customer focus
- Able to work together
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business.
- 3 x A levels (Grade A-C) (or equivalent)
- Mandatory: Mathematics and either Physics or a Technology/Engineering subject
AND Preferred: another STEM subject
- 5 GCSE grades 9 - 4 or grades A*- C or equivalent,
- Mandatory: English Language, maths and a Science subject Plus 2 subjects
Training to be provided
Degree Level Manufacturing engineer
Leonardo prides itself on recruiting the very best. Our companies run flourishing graduate and apprentice schemes for some 400 people nationwide.
We actively participate with other educational and engineering partners to help shape and develop the training and qualifications we offer to ensure that our future apprenticeship schemes continue to meet the expectation of our applicants and to match local and national standards.
Boasting a current retention rate that has seen 95% of apprentices stay with our companies at the end of their schemes, Leonardo understands that the future of its high-tech business rests in the control of the next generation of engineers.
BSc (Hons) or BEng (Hons) degree in an appropriate engineering discipline
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.