- Provide support for customer technical services To Daisy’s Enterprise and Service Provider customer base including monitoring, incidents, changes and appropriate service requests within agreed service hours and to agreed service levels
- Carry out proactive maintenance to maximize availability including patching, config backup and capacity management, with documented and automated processes from the Service Towers
- Maintain your technical skills and upskill to cover all relevant technologies if/when required
- Keep abreast of new developments in your relevant technology
- Participate in Change Management process, creating and updating CAB Requests as appropriate, attending CAB meetings at request as appropriate to ensure proposed changes do not compromise network availability
- Establish effective working relationships with key parties from internal stakeholders to external suppliers; encourage stakeholder engagement and drive high quality working relationships
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary, raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the Corporate Intranet
As a team member you must ensure:
- You are aware of your security responsibilities & know how to access Daisy Group Security Policies hosted on the Intranet
- The principles listed with the Daisy Group Security Policy Statement document are embedded within your daily operations
- Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required
- Be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Additional Training and Support:
- Daisy can provide further assistance and support for each Apprentice with a Tech Ops Apprentice Manager
- Our chosen Apprenticeship provider will provide the wrap-round support to ensure apprentices' technical, learning and personal needs are met. Every apprentice is supported throughout their qualification by a Learning Mentor, a former industry professional who understands exactly what it's like to work in the sector and can advise on how to evidence the required knowledge, skills and behaviours through the work apprentices do every day. Our Course Instructors deliver residential training, while in-depth information on subject-specific topics and industry insight is provided by Subject Matter Experts
- The opportunity will be aligned to an Infrastructure Technician - Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- A desire to learn technical systems in the IT Industry with a focus on Server/Cloud Support
- Design simple Server solutions from a well-defined specification and apply appropriate security products for both physical and cloud solutions
- Install and configure a variety of server applications
- Monitor, test and adjust configuration and performance to meet accepted best practice/standards
- Document work done in accordance with agreed procedures
- Apply diagnostic tools and techniques to identify the causes of server performance issues
- Undertake system upgrades to software and operating systems
- Interpret written requirements and technical specifications for server activities.
- Maintain accurate records of server maintenance activities
- Operate within the parameters of service level agreements, standards and/or agreed response times
- Operate effectively in the business environment & respond to business issues related to server engineering
- Log and respond to server service calls and provide technical server support to end users as required
- Apply structured approaches to troubleshooting server issues and repair faults in hardware, software products
Desired skills and qualities:
- Good time management skills to enable you to prioritise and deliver to tight timelines
- A positive, confident and client centric approach to work, with a desire to deliver consistently high-quality service
- A positive outlook with the ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Experience in team working to deliver excellent results
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment where multi-tasking is a must
- Security clearance (SC) or the ability to obtain this level of clearance is mandatory
5 GCSE’s grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths).
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.