Suzuki Service Technician Apprentice
Stirling of Hereford
BOSCH AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE SOLUTIONS LTD
Are you: Interested in a career in the retail motor industry and working with the exciting range of vehicles? Able to show that you can work well as part of a team and listen carefully and respond to colleagues? Able to demonstrate an interest in computers and advanced vehicle technology? Willing to provide excellent service to our customers? Willing to study hard in order to achieve success in your apprenticeship and your future with Suzuki?
The Suzuki Advanced Apprenticeship Programme is the industry leading training scheme that firstly helps you find a real job with a Suzuki Garage in your area and secondly provides you with all the training you will need to become a fully qualified Service Technician.
This is an opportunity to become part of the Suzuki Apprenticeship programme as a Service Technician. Supported throughout by a dedicated employer - this vacancy is for a 3 year Apprenticeship that will result in the successful candidate gaining an Advanced Apprenticeship in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
As a Service Technician you would be involved in a variety of tasks ranging from:
- Servicing and repairs
- Replacing components
- Using specialist equipment such as electrical and electronic diagnostics
- Engine tuning equipment to measure performance
- Rectifying faults on customer’s vehicles in a busy workshop
Permanent role at the garage.
Candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible as the employer will start to interview when applications are received. This may mean the vacancy may close before the date advertised.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, or experience any difficulties when applying, please contact Eleri Dunstan on 0115 9380230.
Please note you would not work more than 40 hours.
- No specific skills required, however an interest in motor vehicles is vital
- A passion for cars is beneficial - This is a "practical role"
- Keen and enthusiastic
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good time keeping
- Good attitude and work ethic
- Personal requirements
- Possess good communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to colleagues and customers accurately and concisely
- Passionate about the industry, and committed to the development of your technical knowledge and skills
- Customer focused, able to keep customers experience and safety in mind throughout the service or diagnosis and repair
- Team Player - assist other technicians when workshop is under pressure, and take ownership of any safety issues you identify in the workshop
- Thorough and able to work with defined processes and guidelines
- Quality focused with first time fix mentality
- Honest with high levels of integrity
- GCSEs grades 9-3/A*-C or Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English or equivalent
- Please ensure you list all of your relevant qualifications, as lower grades may be considered in exceptional circumstances
This is a Motor Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Bosch Automotive Service Solutions.
Training is delivered on a block release basis at the Alliance Training Centre in Doncaster.
This means your college based training will be delivered away from home and you will be required to stay in a hotel for 17 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the 3 year duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer/the programme and there will be no cost to yourself/your parents or guardians.
Assessments will also be conducted in the work place by a dedicated training assessor. You will also be assigned a workplace mentor for support in dealership.
As a result you will receive the following qualification:
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Level 3
- Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.