Surface Measurement Systems Ltd - Technical Support Technician Apprentice - Advanced (Level 3)
Surface Measurement Systems Limited
Harrow College and Uxbridge College
We are offering a Level 3 advanced apprenticeship in Technical Support Technician Engineering Level 3. You will spend time on site with the electronic engineering team, and you will also spend time at college, where you can meet other apprentices and learn more about the technical aspects of engineering. You will be learning;
- Provide technical support and expertise for all areas of the business.
- Engineering and Manufacturing functions including communications software, test, analysis tools, measurement, off line programming, process control, performance and continuous improvement solutions.
- Capacity planning, production scheduling/planning, product technical applications and capability, technical sales and marketing support.
- Product development and innovation, engineering drawing.
- Purchasing and/or supply of goods or services for engineering activities, quality control, inspection and e-commerce technologies as required.
*This list is not exhaustive.
Skilled technical support engineer, team leader, manager
Annual Leave Entitlement : Normally 28 days per year after qualifying period. You must not have done a Level 3 Electronic Engineering course full time at a training provider – apprenticeship rules mean that we cannot take an ex full time learner on to an apprenticeship because you will have done 50% plus of the learning at college already. You must be able to travel to Alperton on a daily basis and also attend college at Uxbridge possibly twice a week.
- Attend all college classes
- Record practical work required for your course(s) in the prescribed manner
- Attend apprentice learning events.
- Fully engage in review meetings with your manager and training provider
- Maintain agreed progress in all theory and practical work required for your apprenticeship
- To conduct work as required by your mentor / practical trainer
- To gain experience and knowledge and engineering skills to enable you to become competent to work as you progress through your apprenticeship
The person we are looking for will be;
- Fully committed to learning the job
- Not afraid of hard work
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- A willingness to learn
- A desire to work in Engineering/Science
- A keen eye for detail
- A mature outlook
- A team player
Mandatory GCSE’s at Grade C or Level 4/5 in maths & English is required (having a science GCSE would be desirable but not essential)
Level 3 Engineering Technician
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week (2 x days for certain engineering apprenticeships) either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- QCF Framework
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.