Surface Measurement Systems Ltd - Electronic Engineering Level 3 Apprenticeship - Advanced (Level 3)
Surface Measurement Systems Limited
Harrow College and Uxbridge College
We are offering a Level 3 advanced apprenticeship in Electronic Engineering. You will spend time on site with the electronic equipment team, and you will also spend time at college, where you can meet other apprentices and learn more about the technical aspects of engineering. You will be learning;
- Producing Electrical or Electronic Engineering Drawings using a CAD System
- Wiring and Testing Electrical Equipment and Circuits
- Assembling, Wiring and Testing Electrical Panels/Components Mounted in enclosures
- Assembling and Testing Electronic Circuits
- Maintaining Electronic Equipment/Systems
*This list is not exhaustive
You will be expected to:
- Attend all college classes
- Record practical work required for your course(s) in the prescribed manner
- Attend apprentice learning events
- Fully engage in review meetings with your manager and training provider
- Maintain agreed progress in all theory and practical work required for your apprenticeship
- To conduct work as required by your mentor / practical trainer
- To gain experience and knowledge and engineering skills to enable you to become competent to work as you progress through your apprenticeship
Skilled engineer, team leader, manager.
Annual Leave Entitlement : Normally 28 days per year after qualifying period. You must not have done a Level 3 Electronic Engineering course full time at a training provider – apprenticeship rules mean that we cannot take an ex full-time learner on to an apprenticeship because you will have done 50% plus of the learning at college already. You must be able to travel to Alperton on a daily basis and also attend college at Uxbridge possibly twice a week.
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- A keen eye for detail
- A team player
The person we are looking for will be:
- Fully committed to learning the job
- Not afraid of hard work
- A willingness to learn
- A desire to work in Engineering/Science
- A mature outlook
Mandatory GCSE’s at Grade C or Level 4/5 or equivalent qualifications in maths & English is required (having a science GCSE would be desirable but not essential)
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week (2 x days for certain engineering apprenticeships) either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- QCF Framework
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.