We are looking for a talented individual with a passion for technology & sales within the Industrial IT market. The individual must be highly motivated, hard working and looking for a long term career at M.A.C. Solutions. We have had previous candidates develop at a fast pace, not only within their Degree studies, but also in their technical positions within the company, and are now graduating university, well positioned to step into senior positions. The qualities they possess include training others, delivering consultancy to customers, being an escalation to more junior members of the team and much more. The right candidate must be driven to succeed within the business.
The role which we are currently looking to fill is that of a Support Engineer. The role will be predominantly office-based, however occasional travel to customers’ sites in the UK and Ireland may be required. Flexibility on working times is necessary, within our shift pattern and to satisfy customers’ needs.
The purpose of this role is:
- Providing first-class technical support to customers on a wide range of industrial software, hardware and associated products
- Handling incoming customer problems relating to the implementation and application of the software
- Logging requests in the call tracking system
- Seeking to resolve customer problems effectively and efficiently
- Providing an element of training and consultancy to customers
- Working with the software developments team in the introduction and maintenance of support procedures, including the escalation of issues in accordance with company policy
- To be a trusted advisor for the products allocated, including certification on products where applicable
- Staying up-to-date with the development of new products and operating systems
- Identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency of the team and the service it provides to customers
You will join us prior to the start of your degree to become familiar with the way we work. On commencement of the course, you will spend approximately 33 day at University during the academic year, with additional study on the job and an element of personal study. The remainder of your time will be spent working in our offices in Chesterfield, Derbyshire.
An opportunity to be trained in software development for the right candidate who has a keen interest in software development.
Candidates would be expected to work on more than one project at a time, potentially involving multi people. This could be disruptive and would require good self-management skills.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Keen to develop a good understanding of the general IT landscape
- Self motivated but a good team player
- Inquisitive personality
- A keen interest in a long term career in software development
A Levels or Equivalent, with Level 2 maths & English.
Apprentices will develop the fundamental skills, knowledge and behaviours for a successful career in IT.
Apprentices will follow one of four specialist pathways:
- IT consultant (business technology) – focusing on business technologies and technology management
- Cyber security analyst – responding to threats by assessing and securing vulnerable systems
- Data analyst – managing and analysing big data and its commercial applications
- Software engineer – including advanced programming, software development and databases
- Software engineer (mainframe) – focusing on the principles of computing that underpin the effective use of mainframe technologies
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Business Systems
- Introduction to Web Development
During year two, apprentices will study two core units and a third unit that relates specifically to their chosen pathway.
- Computing Fundamentals
- Technology Management
- Computer Security Fundamentals (Cyber Security Analyst pathway)
- Statistics and Visualisation (Data Analytics pathway)
- Customer Lifecycle Management (IT Consultant pathway)
- Advanced Programming (Software Engineering pathway)
- Web Design and Development
- Business Intelligence and Strategy
- Business Research Project
- Computer Networks and Operating Systems
- Enterprise Programming
- Development Project
Cyber Security Analyst
- Computer Networks and Operating Systems
- Security Auditing and Incident Response
- Cyber Security Project
- Advanced Databases
- Data Analytics
- Data Analytics Project
In the fourth year, apprentices will study two core units and one elective unit.
- Synoptic Project
- Portfolio Assessment
Elective units may include
- Data Engineering
- Mobile App Development
- Advanced Web Development
- Web Content Management Systems
- User Experience Design
- Developing a Digital Business
- Digital and Social Media Marketing Communications Management
- Principles of Business Analytics
- Entrepreneurial Practice