Amazon offers a range of opportunities to suit candidates with different backgrounds, qualifications and career aspirations. That is why we believe it is the perfect place to learn new skills. Our Operations Teams are crucial in ensuring that we continue to deliver and innovate for customers. We have big plans and want to continue to develop and retain the best talent. Amazon apprenticeship schemes are aimed at people who have a passion for learning and want to start a career now – or possibly retrain in a new direction.
To be successful you will need to be committed to your own development and be prepared to make the most of the opportunities, hands on experience and qualifications given to you.
Join us on our 14-month SC/BIT Apprenticeship scheme and you will work as a fulfilment associate, providing critical support in helping us deliver to local communities and our loyal customers.
Your duties will include:
- Receiving goods into our facility
- Stowing inventory
- Picking and packing customer orders on a daily basis
In addition, you will grow your skills in crucial complementary areas like process improvement, identifying and solving problems, communication and project planning on the apprenticeship.
Over the course of the apprenticeship you will work towards the Supply Chain Warehouse Operative level 2 apprenticeship and an integrated Business Improvement Techniques diploma.
You will build your skills over a 14-month period covering:
- Virtual Classroom development days
- Amazon’s on-the-job training program, supported by a dedicated external coach
- 1:1 line manager reviews
- Health & Safety training
- Rotation around key business areas covering a broad range of process paths
Successful completion of this apprenticeship and satisfactory performance in the job role may lead to a permanent fulfilment associate position in our operations team; from there a range opportunities are available including supervisory/management and technical roles across Amazon in the UK and abroad should you choose to apply for them.
- You must have flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements as this role may include working weekends and/or night shifts
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You are able to read, write, understand and communicate in English, interact and engage comfortably with people at all levels of the business
- Experience (or a willingness to learn and practice) working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations
- You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions (verbal or written) to deliver results and meet deadlines
- You strive to deliver excellent customer service consistently
- You seek and respond well to feedback
- Have lived in the UK or in the European Economic Area (EAA) for the last 3 years
- Be a resident of the UK for the entire duration of the program (14 months)
- Not be registered to study on a UK government funded course ending May 2021 or later
No specific qualifications required.
- Level 2 - Supply chain warehouse operative
- Functional Skills if required
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role. All apprentices are required to complete and evidence 20% of the job learning whilst on their apprenticeship.
In addition, the apprenticeship will be delivered primarily on our online platform, Babington Online and you will receive full support from our dedicated team of Training Advisors via workshops, webinars, and regularly scheduled reviews, conducted by Skype and/or Phone.