Do you already hold the same qualification at this level or above? If yes please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
Are you currently working in the same industry sector/job role as this apprenticeship? If yes please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
Do you hold a Grade C/Grade 4/Level 2 or above in in both maths and English? If no please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
Can you commit to a full-time apprenticeship for the next 12-18 months? If no please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
- Company: Galaxy Insulation & Dry Lining Ltd
- Job Title : Warehousing Assistant Apprentice
Apprenticeship Funding - For eligibility please speak to us directly.
To effect the timely and accurate receiving, storage, picking and loading of stock in order to provide the highest level of service to customers. To maintain a well organised, clean and safe working area to ensure that stock is stored and kept in optimum condition and to maintain the highest levels of health and safety within the branch.
Duties will include:
- Unload supplier vehicles, sign for goods received when required and store goods in the correct location
- Maintain orderly storage of all stock
- Pick stock according to sales requirements and load vehicles in the correct manner
- Operate a fork lift truck to move stock as required in a safe manner at all times and in accordance with training received
- Carry out daily checks and maintain fork lift trucks and other mechanical handling equipment in a safe condition
- Carry out health and safety checks in respect of racking, walkways, stacks and deal with other infrastructure/storage issues as instructed
- Manage all paperwork in accordance with the branch/company quality and administration processes
- Maintain a clean and safe working area
- Co-operate with other branch staff and respond to their requests in order to establish and maintain the highest levels of support and service to customers
- Carry out any other duties according to requirements
Work is generated through Operations Manager according to customer requirements. The jobholder comes into contact with the Branch Manager/Director, Drivers, Customers and other branch staff in the course of their duties. The jobholder is required to liaise with the Operations Manager, other warehouse staff and sales staff where problems or difficulties arise in the course of preparing and loading material for customers' orders.
The Source is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The company is undergoing significant growth so progression opportunities include across the growing business as well as progression opportunities onto a higher level qualification.
Hours and Wage - 40 Hours Per Week. Monday - Friday
- £5.00 per hour Age 16-18
- £6.50 per hour Age 19-21
- £7.50 per hour Age 22-24
- £8.50 per hour per hour Age 25+
- £187.50 per week Age 16-18
- £243.75 per week Age 19-21
- £281.25 per week Age 22-24
- £318.75 per week Age 25+
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Knowledge of products sold by the branch
- Knowledge of warehouse and manual handling techniques
- Ability to use branch equipment
- Able to use basic IT packages and branch IT systems
- Training will be provided for Health & Safety, Manual Handling and Fork Lift Truck
- Good communication skills and helps to foster a good team spirit
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work
- Understanding and ability to work within health and safety procedures
- Punctual and reliable
- Honest and trustworthy
- Good team member
- Flexible to undertake other tasks as required
- Open to change
No formal qualifications required.
The successful candidate will study a Level 2 qualification in Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Standard.
This will be aided by an Assessor who will carry out all assessments as work based learning, within the workplace.